My deville has been stalling while driving when I let off gas. We have replaced the idol control sensor, mapp sensor, maf, spark plugs, valve gasket covers, fuel pressure regular and still dying. We have also used fuel injector cleaner. Anyone k ow what it could be????? Please help

80

Asked by Jun 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM about the 2001 Cadillac DeVille Base

33,945

Dirty throttle body, what grade of gasoline do you use?

Best Answer
80

Regular I was told to put best grade in it doing that on next fill up

80

Ok so changed fuel filter and filled tank with highest grade gas with injector cleaner and car is still stalling???? Any ideas

33,945

I asked about the fuel grade because low grade fuel can cause backfiring in these engines causing carbon buildup in the throttle body. As the carbon builds up it clogs both the idle air control and the throttle plate. The throttle plate is machined to fit perfectly with the body so some air can pass while it's closed, if that space is full of carbon then it won't let air pass, choking the engine at closed throttle

120

Im haveing same problem I have 94 Cadillac deville and it shuts off at light and stop I did tune up replaced idol control vaccume lines,fuel filter,even fuel injectors had even put a new computer, runs good but after five Minutes it shuts off and wheel locks

16,665

use highest you can get , i went from high test to regular - no good- back to 93 octane and all is fine

50

Could be your catalytic converter not letting your engine breath

50

My 03DTS does rumble habit but I'm replacing the Cat ,changed plugs coil pack no codes just o2 sensor an cat have to be replaced

80

bad crankshaft positioning sensor. is your check engine light on?

170

1989 Cadillac DeVille car stalls or stops what does that mean

60

My car stall out when i drive it for a long time. I changed fuel pump, fuel filter , injectors and map sensor. It still stalls out. I use mid grade gas with injector cleaner.

10

Look up,GM Drive by wire Throttle body cleaning procedure and Relearn procedures,perform procedure 4 and see if that works for you☺

50

I have a 1991 Cadillac DeVille that had stalling issues in the first week I bought it. It spent the next 2 weeks in the shop getting fixed up. Replaced the fuel pump and fixed a sensor in the engine. Ran fine when I got it back but started having the same symptoms again and now its still doing it. It stalls at lights, while I'm turning, and while it idles and backs up.