my 93 deville has began spitting and sputtering and lossing power air and fuel filer has been changed any suggestions on what it could be i was putting reg. unleaded gas in it but started putting prem

Asked by Jul 06, 2013 at 12:47 AM about the 1993 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

93 deville the air and fuel filter has been changed we always used regular gas in it until recently and put high tech in it will that help or is it a waste of my money or could it be plugs going bad

108,825

Regular gas is fine in your model vehicle. If the spark plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor button have not been replaced that's what I would tend to believe is some or all of your issue. If you can't remember when they were changed I would start with changing these items.

100

Cam lobes are worn.........Betcha.

took it to the shop, they guys are replacing the fuel pump, filter and relay? they said it is supposed to pump at 35 psi and mine was pumping 15psi. so when i went up hill or loaded the car it just wasn't getting the gas it needed. so those repairs and a full diagnostic 600.00, she ain't the prettiest car but I need her.

100

Be prepared. I suspect they will tell you AFTER these repairs that you need more........ I hope not. Best of luck to you. BTW, pretty don't make it dependable!!!!

65,005

I think it's a nice looking car!! Remember, for future reference, a Cadillac is always a Cadillac. No matter how old or beat up it may get. It's still a Cadillac!! -Jim

10

Kim, I am wondering if the fuel pump fixed the problem. I have a 92 Cadillac with 96,000 miles. It used to start sputtering if I let the gas get down to 4 gallons left. I did get a new fuel pump. Then it just continued to happen even, 7 gallons, 11 gallons, 13 gallons. So I basically just kept it full. I don't drive far so it wasn't really that much of a problem. Yesterday it started and it still said full! Whatever the problem, it's just been getting continually worse. I also just got a new water pump. I really do like this car and would love to get every mile out of it that I could.

sso far they guys at the shop were right, I got the car for 1000 off the lot and put in a water pump, fuel pump and had them clean an flush all the fuel lines. she runs really good now. just gotta get the a.c. fixed transmission serviced (dirty on stick) and replace a heater hose, so far i am still under 2000 on the car, if all goes well paint at tax time. i do enjoy miss mabel she is a gem.