Does anyone know why a dealership can't fix or replace a seat in a 2010 Silverado Z71 1500 truck. And explain why the driver seat keeps coming apart

10

Asked by Jan 27, 2012 at 03:03 PM about the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab

Purchased new from a dealership.  Noticed the driver seat was crooked, slanted
down on the left, leaned back on the left, shortly after the purchase. Took the truck
back to the dealership, they worked on it and told me that what they did should
hold it and then, after that, it did the same thing time after time.  I bought new
Michelin tires put on it because it was riding extremely rough.  The ride was good
for awhile with hardly any miles put on the tires and then it started driving and
riding worse than it was before the new tires were put on.  I had them balanced at
Sears, where i had the tires put on, and every other week, i was taking it back to
have the tires balanced again.  I was very aggravated and took it back to the
dealership and they balanced the tires and it drove and rode like a charm.  Then a
few days went by and it was back the same way.  The tire pressure (low tire
pressure) monitor came on.  I took the truck close to someone in town, had them
check the tires and they were slightly low, but not enough to have the low-tire
pressure monitor come on.  They then checked the spare tire and for some reason,  
it only had 20 pounds of air in it.  Luckily, I didn't have a flat.  But, what would
cause the truck to ride like a wagon shortly after getting the tires balanced?  
Someone told me that it was possible that it was slinging weights off.  All the
weights look like they are on the tires.  I kid you not, that is the worst purchase
that I have ever made in my life and the biggest mistake!  It is like that truck has a
mind of its own.  It will ride good and then all of a sudden, bad.  They can fix the
seat and then the seat falls apart.  I don't even have to drive it and something
happens.  Anyone with any answers?   Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Full Cab        

105

The truck must still have its waranty, take it back and tell them they have to fix it all. If you let them they will string you along until your waranty is over then what.

Best Answer
10

Well, I took it back and they told me that there is nothing more they can do with it and when I started having trouble with it in the beginning, it was new with hardly no miles on it and now it has less than 18,000. Now the ride is worse and feels like the wheels are going in different directions (in and out), when I hit a bump. Get this, I started across a railroad track, mashed the gas and the motor raced and the truck didn't go. Lemon or what? As far as the seat, there is more cushion on the sides and front than where you sit and can you imagine going over a bump,,,,,,,,,,no cushie for the tooshie! Another question; why put headrest in a truck front seats that come way above the head of a person that is almost 6 ft. tall? Back headrests won't stay up at all even all the way up to protect anyone from whip-lash. As quick as you lean your head back on them, they go all the way down. I was told that the foam in the seats have been known to give trouble, but with almost no miles; then I was told that I needed side steps to get in and out that I was making the seat come apart. Bull!!! I have seen people a lot bigger than I, get in and out of trucks with no side step and even asked them if they have had any problems and there answer was. "No".

105

I have to go back to my original answer waranty has to cover this, they all come with 3 yr bumper to bumper coverage that even means they change a taillight bulb if it goes out. I believe the only thing is brakes depending whats wrong with them.

115

I agree with Greg. Warranty is obligated to make the necessary repairs. If the dealership you purchased from is not addressing the issue to your liking try taking it to another authorized Chevy dealer to get a clearer answer.

10

You people out there should see the seat and the foam that keeps falling below the seat; and when I took it back at one time they told me they would put a hog ring in it, to hold it...humm. What should that tell any of you readers? What is a hog ring used for? A "seat"? I don't think so. I looked carefully under the seat and I saw what looked like florist (green) glue stuck on it and I "think" when it got hot from the heater being on, it broke lose. I called GM and they told me that the dealership fixed the seat and it was to GM specifications. I purchased an extended warranty when I paid CASH for that truck and now they won't honor the manufacture warranty, what good will the extended warranty be? There is no reason why GM can't find a solution to the seats. I WAS told at the dealership that they had been having trouble out of the seats, but mine was fine, except the back was falling apart, it sat crooked and the foam pad now, is like there is none because it is disintegrating and no pad to sit on. SO MUCH FOR GM SPECIFICATIONS. Inheritance washed down the drain.... I just wonder, "who is working for who"?