Does anyone have a town car with factory air bag delete?

Asked by Jun 01, 2016 at 02:24 PM about the 2010 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited

I recently purchased a 2010 Signature Limited and had it looked over by my mechanic.  We discovered it had the factory air bag delete option.  The factory installed steel rear springs instead of the air bag suspension.  I really didn't notice any difference in ride, although, I have only driven it about 1000 miles.  My mechanic at the Lincoln dealer where I have my cars serviced said that it was a option in 2010 and out of maybe 2000 cars he has worked on he's only seen this about a dozen times.  Anyone else have this option and has it worked well for you?

Be glad you don't have the airbags, they tend to leak with age and cost big bucks to replace. Plenty of questions on here with other drivers having airbag issues. They actually sell regular shock conversion kits to delete the airbags as an "upgrade".

I have to disagree on this one Topic, Lincolns been using Rear and on some vehicles / models front Air suppression. for over 2 decades that's a lot of refinement, and today in 2016, The system of air ride is the standard or optional (on lessor vehicles) of so many...High line world class performance and luxury automobiles its rather interesting. Look it up! I have serviced,driven and inspected many manufactures systems of air suspension and other electronic ride systems.. I will simply say its somewhat like changing from a bias ply tire to a radial once you try a modern air suspension system (last 10 years or so) its hard to drive steel sprung vehicles! Regards.NO, I DON'T WORK FOR LINCOLN THEY STOPPED BUILDING CARS MANY YEARS AGO WORTH OWNING! Here's how expensive it can be! "Jim Hoyle If you ever drive a Lincoln Towncar (has air ride) its like having air conditioning... you can never go back to anything less. Who would think that a big heavy luxury car steers like a sports car but rides like a cream puff... nothing compares... nothing... simply the best ride out there... just one reason the Towncar is THE premier limousine. After 120,000 miles the rubber boots on my system did wear out. But I simply bought new ones on ebay for about $80 a set. Paid $100 to have them installed then I was good for another 100k.... and rides like brand new. Never had another problem or issue with the air ride."