Heater

Asked by Jan 17, 2016 at 04:41 PM about the 2010 Toyota Camry LE

I have a 2010 Camry. My battery went bad,
replaced it.  Now my defroster light blinks for
45 seconds, then the fan kicks on.  Only the
face heat works and the rear defrost.  The front
window defrost does not work or the feet.   We
swapped out batteries seeing if that was it and
it wasn't.

Assuming these problems were not present BEFORE the battery change...one would suspect and incorrect procedure was used when the battery was replaced. Is the CEL(Check Engine Light) or any other dash lights ON when the engine is running?

No, no other lights and all fuses have been checked even under the dash.

Now my car is blowing our freezing cold air and not hot/warm air at all

Ok....Let's see if we can ID the type of AC/Heating System you have. When you want the heater to come on.....which KNOB are you turning? Does it have numbers on it indicating the Temp. you want the inside of the car to be?

In my car it's push button to turn on the A/C and the a/C light turns green . So for the heat I turn the dial over to the right which is red and no the a/C is not on. Nothing works heat wise it just freezes the insides of my windows up and 30 minutes later my windows on the inside look like frozen ice that would be on the outside windows. I had to use my ice scrapper on the inside to try to attempt to run to the store. But couldn't because it refroze a block away. It's 6* here.

Well...it sounds like the TEMP/Blend DOOR might be stuck in the cold air position. When you turn that knob to the heat position...an electric motor drives the Temp. door to allow heat from your heater core to enter the vehicle. Other then parking the vehicle in a heated garage.....you might try placing an electric heater on the right side front passenger floor for a few hours. The heat might warm up the blend door and free it up. Otherwise ...it's off to the repair garage for diagnosis. There are of course other possibilities....one would have to get under the hood and with the engine running do a touchy feel test of the radiator and heater hose for proper heat. BTW...a parts store should have a small electric heater designed to plug into your cigar lighter and placed on the dash which will temporarily defrost your windows

Thank you for your help. We took it to a garage today because we simply don't have time to work on it in an unheated garage lol. So they said wires are bad between the battery and somewhere lol so they are taking the dash off tomorrow to get a better diagnosis on it!

Interesting. BTW....Disconnecting a battery on todays modern cars can cause some interesting problems. A tool caused a Memory Saver is usually required. Hopefully....your repair garage will have the equipment to perform the proper computer RESETS. Good Luck.