I'm having this Issue that the key won't come out from the ignition. its one of those big key that you I set on a Passat cc 2009. Can somebody help me out please.

10

Asked by Nov 28, 2015 at 08:47 AM about the 2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury

10

Same guy that posted this >>>>>>>I'm having this issue, when the key won't come out from the ignition. I did a search and the moving from P to D or N and back to P would real ease the key. In my case it didn't. Also tried pushing the button on the gear selector 3 times. That didn't worked. ((Key is one of those that where the whole remote is the key so it inserts into a slot where you push it in and pushing in again to start and to shut off you push it out and you pull out. ))<~ that's what she said. ) What worked for me was kind of grasping the key and pull it with a bit of force and it comes out. Seems that something is not leting it be released. Car turns on and off normally when key is in. Now when I want to insert the key in the issue is that it won't go in. Seems that something is on its way not leting it go throu. What worked for me was sticking my finger inside and push a little "tooth feeling" thing that is on the side until I hear a "click". Then try to insert the key and it all goes fine. Now the issue cycles again every time I have to drive. In my opinion, I think it was the ignition switch that had to be replaced. So I took it to the dealer and after 2 hours of waiting I get a 3000$ bill. I told the service advisor that I was just there because of my key issues. He pointed out that it was the steering column lock module that had to be replaced and that part had to be ordered. It was going to be about $800. I had no other choose but just to have it replaced since I was getting charged to get it "diagnosed" Took it it in early on the day after the day part had been deliverd on the previews day. I was promised a rental bc I had to go to work. Dropped the car The whole day passed. Got out of one hour early. Drove back and when I got there the car was "not finished". So I waited. After 2 hours. I get the car back. I pay for it they bring the car aurround and gave me the key. When I was leaving I noticed that the issues wasn't fixed. The key was having a hard time going in. And same issue hard to pull. Whent right back to the service advisor and he says all well now you have to change the ignition switch. I'm like WTF THIS IS WHY I ORIGINALLY CAME HERE FOR. They misdiagnosed my car when I knew what the problem was to stat with. The ignition switch. What do you guys think I should do? Sincerely, Owner of a Passat cc 09.

Did you pay them? You should file a complaint.