Do hybrid cars depreciate faster?

20,485

Asked by Sep 08, 2016 at 02:09 AM about the 2009 Toyota Prius Liftback

Is this TRUE and WHY???

17,245

In our world time frame yes, at this time cost to go green is high and a charge your willing to absorb to be ecco friendly. Because they want you feel that its your fault for killing the planet. Its just a cycle don't buy into it None of can direct or change weather cycles.

20,485

enginecreator; look, I'm asking about the resale value of cars, not the concept of whether people should subscribe to the political reality of climate change....I certainly can see where you stand on this issue...

22,705

The hybrids are complex machines with expensive battery packs and other trick gizmos all over the vehicle- as such, no one, except the criminally insane would anticipate owning one for 20 years- it would cost too much to maintain and repair- and in 20 years we will be driving solar cars anyway- or somethin' you get the idea- these cars are designed and built to be obsolete, and thrown away like old Kleenex when their life span is over- it makes no sense to buy a used one- they are just the fad of the moment- most people get this and are not willing to buy a used one- hence the low resale value- don't believe me? then try to imagine lines of restored Priuses (or whatever the plural is, Priae? idk) rolling across the stage at Barrett Jackson in 20 years- lol- ain't gonna happen, bro- they are bad investments-

20,485

Interesting that you wrote this below,. "these cars are designed and built to be obsolete, and thrown away like old Kleenex when their life span is over- it makes no sense to buy a used one- they are just the fad of the moment- most people get this and are not willing to buy a used one- "

20,485

Really, ....."a fad" ?? Well, regardless , they do get 50 MPG? A lot of people who like paying less for fuel are driving them and I see almost all taxi cabs are Toyota Prius cars......some with over 250,000 miles...... And, there's a lot of generation one PRIUS cars still on the road, that's 15 years.....your comments on this?

17,245

You ask why, if they do depreciate and I told you why and I agree with jamnblues most people get this. Yes that is where I stand.

17,245

There is no actual reality of climate change, Only those political that are pushing a false reality of climate change, to make money.

20,485

enginecreator- OK, I understand exactly where you stand despite the fact that the polar ice caps are melting , see this article below, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy- environment/wp/2015/05/27/climate-skeptics-think-you-shouldnt- worry-about-melting-polar-ice-heres-why-theyre-wrong/? utm_term=.6bd2e39f6c8f

20,485

enginecreator-. Yes, how about those cycles? You think we can afford to wait that long? Oh well, this article might be a problem for your argument which is RIDICULOUS., I see that you subscribe to the concept of "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up", You know, that these articles are written by real scientists,. Sorry. http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/14/world/ice-age-postponed

17,245

Paid by the same people that paid AL Gore? The planet does not revolve around any of us doing our day to day business, but it does revolve around the sun and other planet placements. Nothing you or anyone people or persons on the whole planet can do to change not even one day of any weather cycle whether it be a 5 year or 5000 year cycle. If your were correct then the electric car concept and all the other high cost ways to save the Planet would be low cost or free because who would not want to save the Planet instead those selling the rejected Idea and plans that fail are trying effortlessly to push this in-order to make a profit off us all because its a Fraud. Your mind is made up or is it, reading and watching those bias radical imposing hatred channels & newspapers that lie without reason or cause and are out to condemn all those who oppose their ideology or political stance through deceit and misinformation is not for me. I do not accept it and don't want to hear their lies not even through you. They give a truth then their lie as if its true because some of it was true. ITS STILL A LIE. If that is who you are then I am very sorry for you and forgive you for hoping to sway my view and turn me into you. You are a smart man I have read some of your post here at CarGurus and looked up to you but now I do not know who you are. Are you Jesus Christ Saved??? Are you hear to help people? I thought so. Are you your own God? Not a chance. Are you an Atheist? Well? Do you Believe every thing you hear? Is everyone but you ignorant and stupid if they do not fit the mould you made in your mind for them? Do you look upon the little people and think how much better you are? Where is your heart? Are you a giver? Is your name in the Book Of Life? What is in it for you do you ask? You can have understanding and love in your heart. I am but who God made? I do believe in Jesus Christ and Saved. I believe what ever comes God will save me from it and help, spare, heal, protect, provide, save & keep me and love me as he will you. I am one of his children I do not worry about the deceit of those that know they are trying to deceive or whether they know not what they do or say, if you are that worried about the climate I hope you find it in your heart to give it to God and your soul, ask God into your heart and ask forgiveness and accept him as your savour and tell him so. I have no beef with you. I understand how you feel about the climate but it is a cycle, you will have to wait for it to change on its own we are no God that can change it ourselves we are not the Creator. You want it to change truthfully then pray. God Bless the United States of America.