I try to turn on the AC but the light flashes three times and goes out with no cold air coming out. The book says this is normal when the outside temperture is below 40 degrees F. Its 80 outside.

Asked by Aug 03, 2015 at 09:25 PM about the 2009 GMC Acadia SLE-1 FWD

The air conditioner is not coming on when I push the button. The light flashes three times
and goes out. The owners book says this is normal when the outside temperature is
below 40 F. Im in norhern california and its 80 outside. Is this a major problem?

48,615

check/hight/low pressure switch..bypass it if it come on add a can of freon

48,615

like this

48,615

its a code for no power..

300

Hay Kelly where is that pressure switch located I can’t seem to find it

180

David, did you locate where the switch is? I’m currently trying to diagnose the same thing

180

blue circle is the low pressure charge port. Green arrow is pointing under compressor where 2 wire sensor is. Red circle is a 3 or 4 wire sensor on the side of compressor. After work tomorrow, I’m going to jack up the car and try the 2 wire switch. The pic they used isn’t the correct one for the 2011 Acadia

300

Yes I found it and it’s a 3 wire connector so I didn’t try the bypass and I did replace it but still have the same problem maybe yourll have better luck

60

I having that same problem

60

I haveing that same problem

360

Hey guys, I recently had the same problem. My GMC Acadia ac will flash three times and went off when I tried to turn the AC on. Well, I just put freon and it's fine now. Bought a can from Walmart and did it myself. Make sure to have the one with the gauge to ensure proper charging. Try it!

190

@GuruY6Fc If the compressor isn't kicking on, how are you adding freon? I've tried my experience is that if you don't force the compressor on for the 1st can it won't kick on.

60

I’m having the same issue and we Added Freon and still didn’t fix the problem. Anyone have any luck? Could this be a recall

50

I am having the exact same issue. GM says there is a leak? I am not sure. I only have 48,000 miles on this vehicle, this should not be happening...

150

Same issue here. Has anyone found something that works? It doesn’t do it every time, but it’s becoming more frequent. When it happens, my engine temperature gauge is also not working. Just drops to 160, but when it does register a temp it’s a perfect 210. I’ve only had my Acadia 3 months, should not be having issues already! I did buy this car used, but is a 2016 so I expected better. I have an appointment with my mechanic on Thursday, but curious if anyone else found a solution?

360

Hi guys, I had the same problem. First, I added freon and it was fine for a couple of months. Then it went again. Found out that the valve was leaking slowly. Replaced the valve and added freon and it's perfectly fine now.

80

guruy6fc, what valve? we have the same problem

130

Eileen I had the same problem yesterday! I just brought my 2016 in to have it checked out. This morning it was working fine. I agree...too soon to be having issues!

130

Just picked up my car. Apparently, it was a thermostat sensor.

Same problem 2017!

350

Hi, we are having the same problem with our 2014 Acadia. The AC light will flash 3x, then the temp gauge drops down to the lowest point. In addition, the check engine light is solid orange and the fan (engine fan, I think?) runs constantly. Yesterday, it hesitated to start and sputtered a few times. Today we have it being serviced at the dealer. I will update when we hear from the service dept. For what it's worth, we live in Western PA and the temps have been in the 80s here.

350

Update: our Acadia needed a new coolant sensor. $153 completed at the dealer.

60

Is the coolant sensor and thermostat sensor the same sensor??

110

I paid $6.12 for ambient temperature sensor on Amazon because it read 55 degress outside when it was 80 degrees that was the cause of my flashing ac button but you have to take off the bumper cover to get to it.which took me 1 hour to do

110

There is a issue with these vehicals. The liquid line from the condenser to compressor likes to rupture. Second time on this car. The line is short and kinks and breaks after so many repetitions.

80

I’m willing to bet it’s everyones ambient temperature sensor. If this is going bad it won’t allow your ac to work because it confuses the car as to what is the actual temperature. There for it can’t regulate the in cabin temperature. Good luck.

60

Same problem but my outside temp is correct so I dont think the ambient temperature sensor is bad. Is there a way to bypass the pressure switch from the relay?

80

Yes you have to jump it by hardwiring it not recommend to do so but it’s possible.

30

I have been having the same issue. I bought my 2010 nearly a year ago and have been trying to get this issue taken care of but no luck as of yet. I have replaced the ambient temp sensor as well as the connector. I have a new in-cabin sensor but I can't seem to get a location so I can replace it. My outside temp controls wether the ac comes on and the reading fluctuates (wildly at times). I feel that mine could be a loose connection because the temperature usually changes in response to the position of the vehicle. (going up hill or down) or sudden stops or taking curves too fast. I'm at a loss...

10

I’m having the same issue 2011 Buick Enclave. I had my air conditioning fixed last summer, had a leak is what I was told it worked for s few days then has been blinking since then . It’s been in the 70 and 80’s lately. I bought ac charge but compressor won’t even kick in

10

I'm having the same issue in my 2007 Saturn outlook. It was working 2 weeks ago and just stop working. Can anybody tell me what to change or do.

I am having same problem with my2015 arcade after reading everyone's response I believe it is a recall . two weeks ago it happened thought it was battery replaced after it was working now it happened again .hate to put more money out on this!

40

Hey there everyone I was looking for an answer to my problem with my 2014 Buick Enclave with 110850 miles on it. This car runs great but just 4 days ago my wife said she stopped the car while shopping and when she returned with her friends and started the car the A/C light flashed 3x and went off, she tried this several times and she had no air in 95˚ temp. But when she stopped to drop one of her friends off she turned the car off to go into her house and get a cold drink and came out about 30 min later and started the car and the A/C worked just as good as ever. So now if it stops working she just continues to start and restart until it does continue to run.

30

I need some answer if some one can provider. I have a 2011 Acadia. We thought it might have been the ambient sensor because it was also blinking 3 times and has been doing that for about 3 months now. We just replaced the ambient sensor tonight and still hasn't fixed the problem. It won't suck freont either. We have hardwired tested and the compressor works. could there be another sensor and or AC pump that?

10

High and low pressure switch

Don't bother trying to do this yourself. I nearly ruined my system adding a can of freon. R134 freon has such low tolerance for error you're better off taking it to a professional. Its not very expensive to get tested. Try replacing a compressor and then youre out some money.