Is it better than the Viper?

45

Asked by Oct 10, 2008 at 08:27 AM about the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 1ZR

Is the new Corvette better than the old Viper?

15

yes it looks better than da old viper

I've always thought the Vette was better than the Viper. The old vipers were so overpriced that it wasn't even funny. The vette could give it a run for it's money and cost $20,000 less.

45

I also personally think the Corvette is better than Viper but still. A lot of Viper fanboys think that Viper is better. On the quarter mile 'vette wins ^^ :D

55

Don't forget the road courses. The ZR1 set a new record for the lap time at the best track in the world. :)

45

Thanks for reminding me. :)

195

I'm pretty sure this was a rhetorical question. EVERYONE knows the vette is better than the viper.

25

+1 vette

355

i didnt even know such a question could be conceived

25

my ford taurus can beat both

25

so its decided the vette is way better than the viper.

165

Why does one even have to ask this question?

35

well my ford gt can beat ur taurus

55

one thing that corvettes do is hold their value. with a viper on the other hand, the value substantially goes down in price at 20,000 miles

55

my M3 will rape you. even my bike could

viper owns vette

35

m3 is gay

355

lol how do you figure, the only thing the viper has over a vette is the price tag, and who wants to pay more for a shittier car

25

my taurus has close to 1000 hp

45

I'm planning to buy the Z06 or the Viper and I can't decide :) Now I see that I messed up the title. It should say Chevrolet Corvette Z06 :(

165

The corvette is far and away a better daily driver, with fuel economy in the 25 mpg range on the highway. It's very comfortable and easy to drive. Civilized when you want, and great performance when you want. The Viper, on the other hand, is basically a street-legal race car with a spartan list of features, and is much more difficult for a novice to drive. It all depends on what you're looking for. IMO, the Vette is the way to go, asi it gives you the bes of both worlds.

1,115

cheers!!!

55

+1 You will be happy with a Vette. I have a friend with a 2007 1LT for his wife's weekend toy. It is a wonderful car not that his weekend toy is bad - 2006 GTO. 2008/2009 with the LS3 and a few mods will run with a Z06 for less money. Just depends on what you want.

55

I can name one thing the GT could never touch a Taurus in. MPG!!!! My 95 SHO MTX would get 30+ on the highway and blended around 23 MPG. The GT...forget about it. Otherwise I conceed the GT is a better performance car.

165

+1. My weekend to is a 2004 GTO. Wanted to buy a Vette back in 04, but can't fit (I'm 6'8")!

35

ya but if ur rich then people lkes us dunt care

i bet just about anyhting could prob beat ur taurus.

totaly agree wit u. corvette was our first sports car and still remans da best. it now i think kick porsches ass.

25

ya right

355

vettes have given porche a run for their money before the new ZR1, the ZR1 was just a "because we can" car

3,235

as much as i HATE GM id have to say the vette is a lot better car then the viper. Its more balanced and is cheaper. The viper( if anyone has ever driven one) feels like you are driving the bat mobile you have to look down the fender. Not to mention its poorly made. I work at a dodge dealer and some guy traded his in for a couple of cars lol I looked up parts on it for fun one day and the rims are like 2000 a piece not to mention the tires for the rear are 300. The headlights are like 1200 which i rediculous there must be like diamonds and cocaine infused in the housing or something. Well corvette is better hands down even though GM as a whole is a very poor brand in ever aspect.

55

Yeah, that is what the pimped out Integra thought two. It wasn't even close. I suggest you do alittle research if you do not know what the SHO was. That's all I will say about this as I will not turn this question into a debate beyond Viper vs ZR1.

55

Agreed. Just wanted to point out one area that the GT loses in.

55

I would love a 05/06 GTO (nothing against 04 but 6.0L 400 HP is more than 5.7 350). I just can't justify a car payment on a vehicle that I will drive 4 to 6 months out of the year (I live in Michigan). The GTO has the nicest interior to come from GM in years. I like the understated looks, it has the sleeper effect.

55

My cousin owns a body shop that repaired a Viper. The hood retails for $19K. It cost him 10K to get the hood into the shop. INSAINE price for a fiberglass hood. I won't touch your GM comment since you work at a DODGE dealership. That is just too easy.

45

Thanks man. This was very helpful. I found one to buy. It has about 5000 kilometers and only for $ 49.057... Can't say that is much.. Should I buy this one or?

130

Yes, internally the corvette has a better built engine than the viper, even a mustang cobra has better internals than the viper.

3,235

I dont mind i hate both equally actually i hate ford,chevy, and dodge all the same. They obviously are pretty close to going bankrupt for a reason haha

95

Actually, even a "normal" Taurus with the 24-valve Duratec can beat plenty of riced out Civics and such in a straight line... corners too if the other driver can't drive.

355

close to going bankrupt because the americans cant pay their bills, which leads to the banks going under and needing a 700 billion bail out, gas prices going up so the american companies that relied on truck/ suv sales.... yea, but it because of the companies 'shotty' vehicles... you sir are an idiot, and you work at a dealer, so you should no more about it that the average person... so yes, idiot

235

the engine in the sho is a yamaha racing maring engine but even if u put a jet engine in it its still a tarus even if you put a jag body on u got it still a tarus

235

no never

3,235

i do know more then the average person and the vehicles that dodge chrysler and jeep come out with are garbage the majority of them have water leaks or the interior panels fall apart easily. And on all the gms that come in have to have all the brake and fuel lines and the frt and rear pads and rotors replaced.

65

any car can beat any car, its all a matter of the driver, my vette stood up to a 700whp charger and my vette has somewhere 290-350 WHP and beaten 2 out of the 3 vipers i raced

LMAO!!! You vette fans are funny.....apples to apples Viper wins. Oh...and Viper is even NATURALLY ASPIRATED!!!

535

Z06 is and has always been naturally aspirated and beats a Viper in EVERY respect.

15,345

These are better than the Sunday funnies. Thanks for the fun read. Corvette in the mid 60s to the mid 80s were build like the Vipers today. All guts, not much refinement. Like riding on an I-beam with a huge engine. Rough riding, loud, and earlier on, a lot of go, not much stopping power. Lots of under-steering. Check out the professional races and compare the winning times on the same tracks. Corvette wins.