I HAVE A 1996 HONDA CIVIC EX THAT HAS NO SPARK. READ BELOW PLEASE

315

Asked by Mar 08, 2012 at 12:35 PM about the 1996 Honda Civic Coupe EX

I HAVE A 1996 HONDA CIVIC EX MODEL COUPE 1.6 V-TEC ENGINE MANUAL TRANSMISSION I BRONG THE
TRANNY DOWN TO PUT ON A CLUTCH AND AFTER I INSTALLED IT AGAIN THE CAR HAS NO SPARK NOW
BUT IT WAS TURNING ON FINE BEFORE THAT. I TRIED PUTTING IN A NEW DISTRIBUTOR, COMPUTER,
MAIN RELAY, ALL FUSES AND RELAYS, CRANK POSITION SENSOR WIRES, PLUGS BATTERY CUZ IT WENT
BAD IN THE PROCESS AND I ALDO CHECKED ALL THE GROUNDS AND PLUGS I DISCONNECTED THERES
CORRENT GOING INTO THE DISTRIBUTOR BUT NOT COMING OUT I JUST BOUGHT A NEW ONE
YESTERDAY AND NOTHING I STILL  CANT FIND THE PROBLEM AND HELP WILL BE GREATLY APRECIATED
. THANKS IN ADVANCE

675

recheck the grounds. the one that is on your tranny is actually very important. i had a simular issue to this before. that ground was what was wrong for me

315

YEA I DILL ALL THAT IM GOING KINDA CRAZY ALREADY LOL FOR A SIMPLE CLUTCH NOW IT CRANKS AND NO SPARK

3,005

I would recheck the crank angle sensor signal, it is possible that it has got damaged whilst removing / re-fitting the transmission, also check that there are no other trapped or damaged wires , easily done when fitting a transmission. If you have a power source and earth at the distributor the only thing missing is the 'firing signal' from the Crank angle sensor (T.D.C pick up). Do not keep spending out for parts needlessly, you could end up replacing the whole car before you find the fault.

1,185

see if you can take an ohm meter on the lines to your coil to see if it is screwed and if not you can check your ignitor module. I find that is what usually goes wrong.

This happened to me and there was a computer board looking thing under drivers side and I had to resoder connection then it started up just fine.