Prius light blinking

Asked by Sep 25, 2014 at 05:42 PM about the 2008 Toyota Prius Base

Oops! former question in wrong box.
So, the Hybrid light is blinking on my dash when the car is not running. When running it stops. Dealer ran a diagnostic on the hybrid system which came out good. They charged the battery and sent me home telling me to come back if it blinked again. Still blinking when I turn off the car.

66,705

I don,t think it will cause you to break down,or leave you beside the road,it is more than likely a loose wire at a sensor,or a bad sensor it self,

285

It's the immobilizer system according to my manual. It flashes when the car is turned off. So it's working like it's supposed to. Nice of that dealer to not mention it to you, of course, he probably hasn't read the manual either.

Best Answer

I almost brought it back to the dealer to leave for two days as they suggested then found that same segment of the manual. Both indicator lights are little cars and the manual doesn't list them in obvious places. Putting on my reading glasses helped me see the key vs the ! mark on the symbol. Relieved but have certainly lost trust in the dealership. Unfortunately it is the only game in town for a prius. Thanks for the responses.

40

Did this actually fix the problem? My husband had the car symbol with key light show up unexpectedly flashing when the car was off and then 2 days later his keys stopped working. Today he's now locked out of the car, Manual Key nor Fob works. So if you ended up in the same scenario please let me know.