My Ford Edge wont start after I have taken it through a car wash.

Asked by Aug 08, 2015 at 12:50 AM about the 2008 Ford Edge SEL

Ford edge 2008 106,000k.  Once car is turned off after taking through car wash it wont
start up again until about 4 hours have passed.  Battery has been checked and is
charged?  Thinking something is getting wet but what?  Only happens after car wash.  
Has happened everytime I get the car wet in the car wash?  No one can figure it out?

What about when it rains and drive through water ? Did you leave the hood, doors and windows open, AGAIN? No, seriously, how long has this been going on and when did you last service your car. It sounds like an electrical problem and electrical problems are really hard to trouble shoot. I would try and duplicate the problem and have the car towed to the Ford dealer. It's much harder to find out what's wrong when everything is seemingly working fine.

Best Answer
David Morris

Fords blow serious boners! Get rid of it ASAP!! UGH! Trade this POS car in, Bubba!! Time for a brand new start!! Room-A-Zoom-Zoom, baby!! Summer Sales are still Sizzlin' HOT and you could be stylin' & profilin' in a new ride with fries on the side!!

Hey James there are allot of people that don't have the money to purchase a new ride, so they have to blow boners with the POS they have, Room-A-Zoom-Zoom with fries on the side

David Morris

joemom...You rock!!! Here's a high five and a fresh order of fries!! Plus, you get a "Mark Helpful" vote from me! Coo coo Cachooo, baby!!!

James- I imagine that you're a car salesman as you've replied with this same answer in other posts on this forum. Is that true? And, if that's true, what cars do it sell. If I'm wrong, sorry.

mark- I am just a mom trying to get my car fixed. I cant believe how idiotic these replies are when people come on here just looking for help. Do you think this would happen if the seal from the top of the hood was worn out and the engine was getting wet? I thought it was the under carriage spray from the car wash so i had it turned off and it still happened. The doesnt die I can drive it home but when I go to restart it it wont start for about 4 hours. we dont have much rain here and this just started happening in the last year.

Well, I'm glad that you were able to get home after the car wash, Really, I think you need to take your car to the dealer, they'll be able to figure out what's wrong or just trade this in for another car. Aside from their electronics "infotainment systems ", I've been recently impressed by Ford, especially the V6 Ford Fusion, it's a very nice car. But, I'm more of an Asian car enthusiast. I've had American, German and Asian cars and can only share my experiences with you that Asian cars age more gracefully and generally have less problems. Even the high and mighty Mercedes Benz cannot compare to a Lexus. I have not personally owned a Lexus, but, an engineer told me that Lexus is perhaps the most highly developed production car on the road. Your Ford Edge is a typical crossover and there's many other Asian models in this body style. I would definitely recommend reading reports and consider alternative vehicles since you're over 106,000 miles and don't know if you want to weather the storm to 200,000 miles, do you? ?

David Morris

"or just trade this in for another car" from my main man, Mark! Take this advice and you can roll like a donut ,,,and in style baby!!

James, thanks for your vote of confidence, now what kind of car do you drive and do you actually work for a dealership or what?

David Morris

What's shakin' Mark? No, I don't work for a car dealer. The only time you'll find me there is to test drive or actually buy a car! I drive a late model Japanese car, no crappy beat up American cars for me..I see too many of them with flashers on and smoke pouring out the hood on the shoulders of the interstate. A lot of people on here need a huge wake up call when it comes to buying new or used. Newsflash!! Do some research BEFORE you buy and you may not have regrets later <<

James, late model Japanese car, what is it? Did you purchase that new or CPO? I've found you can save a lot of money on depreciation purchasing a car that's three or four years old and certified with an extended warranty. People lease cars all the time and create this great market for really nice used vehicles in great condition,