Every time I put gas in my car I have to press on the gas pedal and turn the key to get it to start. I have already replaced the purge valve once. any suggestions?

10

Asked by Jun 14, 2015 at 03:54 PM about the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE

12,665

does the car stutor and try to start with out putting your foot to the floor ? or does it just not start period?

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

Yea it acts likes it going to start but then sputters and stalls out

12,665

Ok this helps diagnos the car. Most causes for this is either fuel related, such as cloged filters or bad fuel pumps. To diagnose the pump turn your key to power on with your back seat opened and listen for the buzz the pump makes for 3-5 seconds. Check this 2-3 times in a row to be sure it does this on a regular bases. If you hear the buzz normal each time the pump is fine. Next if you have not replaced your fuel filter in over 2 years do so especially if you been using crappy cheap gas, or if you left the car sitting for over a month. next is to remove the mass air flow sensor and clean it with MAF cleaner. Remove the entire housing and clean it theroly back and front. The next part is to have all the coil packs checked. Its not uncomman for a car thats never had them replaced to have one go faulty and also cause this issue. For this you will need to take out the plugs and plug them into the coil packs and set them near a metal surface and turn your key. If you see no spark then the pack or the plug are no good any more. Other sure signs is a heavy carbon deposit on the plug between the gap. This all being said if you want to trouble shoot the easy way find a VW/Audi specialist shop equipped with rosstech software scan your car. Be sure to ask if they have this software since regular obd testers only see the surface issues in VW's and Audis. with all the new fangled electronics in these cars i can be anything these days. If you require assistance in finding a shop jsut go to your phone type in vw specialist in your google map app and you will get most specialist garages in your area. If your in toronto or near toronto look up VIN Test they are the best VW shop in that area.

12,665

I am also posting the location of the MAF sensor in this model of car.

1,755

Be aware that you may also still have a faulty purge valve, even though it's new.

10

Thank you. I probably do need to replace my fuel filter since I haven't yet. Also when I replaced the purge valve it started fine once and that was it.

did you fixed your problem?