Has anyone complained of leg or hip pain after driving the new Buick Lucerne?

25

Asked by Feb 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM about the 2008 Buick Lucerne CXL FWD

7,255

See other post

470

I moved my wallet to a front pocket and the pain went away.

4,825

no, on the contrary i feel the seats are quite comfortable. http://www.buick-lucerne.com/pics/

10

I own a barbershop and several of my customers have the same problem after driving 50 min or longer.

7,965

took the car from the SF bayarea to Vancoover Canada trip... it rides great! comfortable and handles well.

10

To many of my costumers are having this hip issue along with myself I have the top of the line 2008 lucerne have always owned gm products never had problems like this before I spent a lot of money to be comfortable and am not because of seat design none of us have hip problems this car is a joke when it comes to these seats I will just get rid of the car for it is just to uncomfortable.

I have my 2007 Lucerne for 2 years now. I have driven it for a 4 1/2 hr trip and several times taken it on a 3 hr or longer trip and have never experienced any pain. I am 6ft 4 in and 270 pounds and ABSOLUTELY LOVE this car. I have the 8 cylinder Cadillac northstar engine with most gadgets and this car is easily the most comfortable car I have ever owned. Iam sorry to hear that anyone is uncomfortable in this car.

10

I have the same problem with my 2007 Lucerne. Have driven the car for 125,000 miles. The samp problem exists on the slightly used passenger seat. Got any suggestions besides replacing the seats

10

Sounds like sciatic nerve compression (occasionally compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve.... please look-up both to differentiate symptoms, or see a doctor). Of the two, the sciatic nerve compression is harder to diagnose because it can be due to direct compression or a bad disc (in your back). Sometimes the direct compression is something called piriformis syndrome (please look it up; wikipedia usually has a good entry). All of these are usually self-limiting, but do last weeks to months before they get better or go away completely. NSAIDs usually help, too. Over-the-counter, I like (generic) naprosyn. Safe & used twice a day. If your doctor say its OK, you can even give yourself a prescription-dose (take 2 at a time)... just be sure you know what you're doing. For the piriformis syndrome, physical therapy helps a lot, too. The exercises are found easily on the web. And put cushion(s) on your seat to prevent it from getting worse. This includes chairs as well as car seats. For cushions, I found that memory-foam PILLOWS work best: Both for the bottom as well as another for the backrest. A standard, rectangular one for the seat bottom, and a contour-shaped one (these are usually labelled for neck support or side-sleeping pillows) for the backrest. Unfortunately, these are bulky so the seat position needs to be adjusted. The cheapest ones available (I get mine from Walmart) seem to work fine. Best wishes & good luck!

I purchased my lucerne from a gentleman that was getting rid of it because his wife was unable to ride in it because of back issues. Over the last several months I have been having a problem with my right hip. I am the only driver and find the seats comfortable, but I have begun wondering if these seats were not somehow my problem. It seems worse on the days that I am driving. If I don't drive a few days it seems to get better.

10

Try the pillows. Try the naproxen (Naprosyn). Otherwise, your physician, chiropractor or a physical therapist might help.

10

car was fine initially - but think the foam in the seat is deteriorating, perhaps from the heated seat? seem to sink into it further now and with side bolsters pushing up at the side it does cause hip pain on long distances