No reading at ODB connection

Asked by Apr 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM about the 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144WB

No reading  or power to code reader ? Where could Problem be

1,680

Before u blame obd, did u try another reader? Do you have fully charged battery? Did you check fuses under hood and under dash? Why are u trying to read obd?

10,820

quite often the fuse for the obd port is the cigarette lighter fuse.

I have tried 4 readers, bat ok fuses ok . Loss of turbo power .

58,415

More than likely there is no power at the port to run your scanner. Like mikeatpriestlake says, check the fuse and function of the cigarette lighter. Thats the circuit they usually tap into for power. Could be something else with a Dodge tho.

Thanks your are correct they are connected but Cig has power but scanner terminal does not .

11,585

CAB-BUS will always have 1 single pin 12volt signal probe for it at the DLC top left pin1-8 lower left 9-19 is numbered location of pins, Next protocol SAEJ1850 is determined by pin 2 pin 7 pin 10 or pin 15 wait WHY teach this.. Just check the back of the connector when installing male plug to DLC connector. Make sure that all the pins stay in the connector or have not pushed out of the connector.check pin 16 for 12volts this powers the scanner pin 4 is NEG POST BAT EVERY manufacture uses there own serial protocol (proprietary) be aware of this..and some pins are assigned different signals! That what makes it so FUN! Regards