electrical issues 04 sprinter

Asked by Sep 17, 2014 at 08:36 AM about the 2004 Dodge Sprinter 3 Dr 2500 High Roof 118 WB Passenger Van

ok, I have a 04 sprinter with 311k on it.  Recently I am having problems with the battery light coming on for 1 to 5 seconds and back off. I am on my 2n alternator but this seems different. When this happens the radio goes out for a split second and back on.  Also randomly the truck flat lines.... every light on the dash comes on and it goes into limp mode.  This has gone on for a couple of years but now is getting worse. It is a simple remedy by simply shutting off the engine and waiting for that click from the dash board and then restarting and go like nothing is wrong. We have dubbed it the auto fix procedure...lol  Well its getting worse and its getting old doing auto fix... I don't even pull over anymore... just put in neutral and restart after click.  I can idle the truck all day and no bat light.. seems only while driving.. any ideas would be appreciated!

67,495

This can be caused by two thing,s,alternator going bad,or there is a bad ground wire some where.

I was thinking the same thing. I see that the ground from the engine to the body is pretty rough. I grabbed a new one yesterday and will be putting it in this morning.