Got a p0343/p0341 code stalled will not start

Asked by Nov 28, 2015 at 11:38 AM about the 2003 Saturn L300 Base

I have replaced both cam and crank
sensors,both coil packs new timing belt,pull
it down to check timing marks,pcm
replaced 3mo's ago car was running fine
turned and stalled has fire but pushes
flames out intake. I've done everything in
the book to this car.what else can I check to
get car running again?

60

Sounds like cam jumped time, if it's shooting fire out of intake it's out of time

60

Cam or crank

60

Is it the v6

Yes it is V6. I replaced both sensors the crank and cam I checked all timing marks they line up the same as they did when I replaced the timing belt

60

I see why your puzzled lol head scratcher. The codes you have what are they

60

Did it back fire it's possible that the intake gasket went when it backfired if it did

The code is high volts on bank 1 bank 1/3/5 holes no back fire out the tail pipe

Has a 3 part intake if u take the outer parts off it pushes flames out .I would say timing if I didn't see the marks

60

Check your rockers pull off valve covers. If they are off it would do that through the intake

60

Something is off or out of time only reason to backfire through the intake. Cam could have broke has happened but not,likely

Best Answer

Went outside in the ice/rain and retired car inside to warm up let's hope this works all marks on belt and gears line up

Still pushing flames out the intake think that I may have some bent valves but would think u would hear them or see something on the top of the Pistons I've had all the plugs out and see no marks on them

I have word on this car in the ice/rain all this time the only thing I did was get wet and cold. I retired the motor. I did get it to quit pushing flames out the intake but it still will not run.Got a match I think that maybe thing to do with this car. I have built hundreds of motors but Saturn's with this V6 are a men's nightmare any help anyone can give l would be very thankful