I just bought a 04 mazda rx8. It won't start at all just crank, it has spark to the four plugs. I was told there are recalls on this car. Since the car is so old would recalls still be in effect?

Asked by Oct 10, 2016 at 02:37 PM about the 2004 Mazda RX-8 6-speed

I love the car i just bought but have never heard it run. I bought it as is. I was
recently told that the 04 rx8 has major engine problems. I own the car now so
I need to get it running. Can I take it to a Mazda dealership and see if the
problem is related to why they recalled it. I cannot afford get it repaired so I
have to try and do it myself. I would appreciate any information someone
could give me. I thank you so much for reading this.

Ah, sorry to hear you already bought the car. Your car has a Rotary engine, and not easy to work on. Most DIYers leave the engine work to the pros. Yes, have the dealership look it over, don't be surprised when they come back and tell you it will be thousands of dollars to repair. That is why you go the car dirt cheap BTW. The recalls will be taken car of for free. Your car had 13 of them, most related to the airbags, a couple for the transmission, one for cooling, and lower control arm. I would guess some of them we're already performed on the car when it was fairly new. None engine related. Just telling you what I know. I wish you all the Luck.

Best Answer Mark helpful

http://www.rx8club.com/series-i-tech-garage-22/diy-request-rebuild- renesis-engine-180393/

Thank you very much for your time and answering the question. All I can aford to do to it is to just keep looking on the net and maybe YouTube and prayfully find places that might show me how to check things on it. I put oil in it and now besides not being able to start it, it is leaking oil from somewhere but it was just low but not empty. All I guess I can do is pray and search, cannot aford to buy another car. Thank you again for the information and the time you spent giving it to me.