Turn signals/hazards not working 94 Mustang

10

Asked by Apr 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM about the 1993 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

I have a 94 GT with a problem. My turn signals and hazards are not working. When I turn the switch for a signal, I get nothing. No clicks, no light on the dash, it's just dead. Hazards also are not working. All other lights are working with no problems. I've checked all the fuses and they are good. Any suggestions?

bet the chassis ground is corroded. Take the black cable clean the clamper, follow the cable to where it connects to the frame/chassis, wirebrush a bald spot and attach the cable again and the cable to the engine block as well. Make sure everyone is grounded and happy, look at the positive side there's one lolipop lug that gets full of corrosion, clean those auxilliary connections with plain water (no bs). put 'em back together, then we could test/replace the flasher unit~

get a new battery if it's older than seven will not be accepting a charge anymore~

9,315

My bet is that you need to replace the flashers for both the turn signals and emergency flashers. They are about $10 each, and mounted by the fuse box. If the 4 way one sticks in the closed position, you get the symptoms you describe. If one is gone, the other is often right behind, and since they are side by side, why not be safe and do both?

10

Thanks we'll try it and see. Micheal are you referring to a little square piece that plugs in by the fuse box? Has about 6 prongs on it? If so I bought one of those yesterday and it didn't help at all :)

425

Im with Michael, replace the flashers before you go any further, cheap and easy.

425

Oops....just saw that you replaced the flashers....do your higm beams work?? Just asking because it might be your turn signal stalk as well.

405

It's either a fuse or a bad bulb.a bad bulb will sometimes make both sides not work

10

We've checked all the fuses twice now, about to check the bulbs :) Eugene my high beams do work

9,315

On that car, I would have thought you would have 2 flashers, one for the 4-ways and another for the signals. If I am right, they are normally round with 2 prongs on them on the Fords. Some are 3 prongs. By the year of yours, though,, they may have gone to one flasher for everything, and it may have 6 prongs. Not that familiar with newer cars. Keep in mind, the new car in the family is a 90, and I drive a 78.

10

Thank you all for your help. Turned out to be the multi function switch. Didn't know those could go bad but apparently they do. Not as cheap as the flashers or bulbs, but nothing that broke the bank either.