2002 Chevy Tahoe had oil changed 4days ago I use val 1040 today stalled( check engine light came on oil gauge went from 45-50 to 0 power stearing went and car stop running fuel pump or filter?

Asked by Sep 09, 2015 at 12:01 AM about the 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Base 4WD

turned back over ran until I stopped at sign
and it done it all over again when
accelerating to 45mph and only difference
it wouldn't turn over made knocking sound
gauge would go up and down for oil and
battery light came on is it oil pressure or
fuel filter or fuel pump?

7,015

could always change the fuel filter...cheaper fix to try first; could be clogged. knocking..could be a miss & ignition trouble. oil pressure about normal.

46,065

Check the battery and battery connections first. Check the alternator to see if it is properly charging the battery. Always eliminate the easy stuff first. Is it getting fuel? Is it getting spark?

1,355

check the codes. you might check the battery and the belt

Battery is good I had it checked that light doesn't show up til after engine shut off I have a feeling its either fuel filter or pump. Just asking to see if that could be it or if its more serious.

Only when I start to accelerate from 40-50mph is when gas cut off rpms bottom out oil gauge goes from 45- 50 to 0 and engine shuts off and power steering shuts off I turn it off for minute and try to start again and oil guage does a dance then returns to normal and it starts until I come to a stop and accelerate again and the cycle of shouting off starts again so naturally using common since it sounds like fuel pump or filter but I'm not a mechanic....

1,355

you could try a fuel filter. check your fuel pressure i think most auto part stores will loan you the tools you would need. there are a lot of things it can be TPS could have a open crank sensor . just a lot of factors but if you check for codes and there is one that might point us in the right direction