2007 Cobalt/5 speed manual. Been a fine car/had ignition switched out. Now airbag light is on.

Asked by Dec 08, 2014 at 07:55 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt 2 Dr 1LT Coupe

The airbag light is on. I have had the dealer do the ignition switch out as provided on
the recall. I have seen online many reports of this airbag problem. I went under the
driver seat and unplugged the switch for the air bag sensor and plugged it back in
hoping it would reset....nothing. I have not been able to unplug the sensor under the
passenger seat and I`m afraid to pull or tug on it to much. I feeling pretty insecure in
this car that I really have had little problems with. If its a computer sensor its going to
cost me a fortune right?? any ideas are welcome.

3,785

No reason to compromise your safety or feel insecure in your car because it "might" cost a fortune. It also "might" cost very little or even be covered by another recall. Take it in and get it checked by a shop or the dealer. Ask for a price quote before they do any repair work. They won't make you spend the money so if its too much just say no and continue driving without airbags. Remember, lack of air bags does not make the car unsafe. They only make it safer. We've only had air bags for about the last 20 years. Before that we god along pretty well without them by driving carefully, and using seatbelts and common sense.