Out paying bills today, got in my (automatic) car & it would not go forward. It will go in reverse & all the gears feel like they are engaging. Had to be towed home..disabled on fixed income can you help?

Asked by Jun 05, 2013 at 04:21 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

2.2L automatic has 60K miles
This is only issue I've had with car!

238,105

If this is the only issue you ever had with the car, then your are exptremely lucky to this point. But cars parts do fail at some point. It does sound like your going to have to visit a transmission expert in your area or a repuable mechanic to diagnose your issue. Without looking at the car, I would say it is transmission related. Does it mean big $$$, maybe, maybe not. It could be something like a bad solenoid low fluid, or something more serious. Good Luck!

Best Answer

Thks I found out if you take transmission pan off there is a set of metal tubes that carry fluid - one of mine was broke but had to replace whole part. I had transmission man walk me through repair plus delivered part, fresh fluid & filter. I'm on the road again!

238,105

Great, glad it worked out for you!