Err-3 message after recent engine repair. Can't find the code in the instruction manual - any ideas on how to reset?

45

Asked by Jan 23, 2008 at 09:22 AM about the 1998 Acura CL 3.0 FWD

7,315

I would that is car back as soon as it came up. I beleive that code is saying that something has been diss-conected, A customer Honda came in with a code almost the same, after a week or to of trying to figure it out I called the customer, He told me his son wanted to change the dash lights, unfortunatly he disconnected the odometer. well to make a long story short, Manufacters have put in a "saftey" if something is dis-conneted that will change something ie: odometer, a code come up so as to alert you (being a pontental buyer that something is amiss). Take the car back and get tham to look over there work. This could be something as a lose connector. They will (should) be able to reset it. Best of luck, hope this helps.

305

troublecodes.net

2,360

almost the same is not the same, you'll not find that code....it is for dealers only....drive the car steady for 27 minutes on the highway,vary the speed between 45-60mph...light will go out...hope this helps

35

You probably got it by now but if not contact Acura with your VIN # for your reset code (will not find it in your manual)

30

I have the code but when I tried to type it in, I messed up a number and now it says err-3 and won't let me try again.

10

you need to unplug the battery and only put in the code when it says code not Err-3.. err-3 means you tried too many times the wrong code!