why horn will not blow on 88 fiero gt?

Asked by Feb 18, 2016 at 07:59 PM about the 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

replaced relay, checked 12 volts at horn connectors, and tested horn on another vehicle with identical horn setup. Still will not blow when connected to fiero. Could there be an issue with amps required at horn connectors not there?

72,325

How about something wrong in the steering wheel? Something not making contact to send the 12 volts to the horn?

Appreciate help. Already have 12 volts at horn.

70

there is a solenoid that drives the horn which is initiated by the button on steering wheel. You can ohm it out from steering wheel to the relay and from the relay to the horn to know for sure. If you have tested the horn itself, the relay is most likely the issue unless you have a bad steering wheel horn switch