Temp / Oil Pressure gages

Asked by May 10, 2013 at 07:43 AM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

car had been in storage approx. 6 mths. After charging / reinstalling battery both the temp & oil pressure gages are pinned.   HELP- thanks

295

Could be bad sensors or a wiring issue. If the needles don't move at start up, then there is an issue with the gauges. I'm honestly not sure what the fix is unless they are simply stuck for those but hopefully new gauges are not needed as those can get expensive. My guess would be that there might a short in the circuits or the sensors are bad. Temp sensor was pretty cheap for my 4 cyl. Not sure on oil as mine's been working fine since I got the car. One way to check sensors is see if the voltage drop changes as the car warms up for temp and see if there is a difference between engine off (turn key to on but DONT start the engine) and engine on (start the engine for this one). Hope that helps!