85 Fiero Automatic cuts off when in gear

20

Asked by Oct 25, 2013 at 07:49 AM about the 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT

When I put it in park or neutral it runs fine. only when in gear (driver or reverse) does it cut
off. Any ideas on what's wrong?

246,255

Transmission solenoid is faulty, you need a tuneup, vacuum leak, etc? What other symptoms do you have? Only when cold, warm, noises, etc?

20

It's happening when cold or warm. When put in gear the revs are very low before it cuts off. To get it home I would put in neutral when I had to stop.

i have the same problem except mine sometimes wants to turn off in park or neutral. 1984 auto fiero