help with stereo wiring

575

Asked by Mar 14, 2016 at 11:03 PM about the 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium

I have installed a new stereo system in my car.The radio works fine except the dimmer. That wire from what i can see on the after market attachment harness is not available. Metrax 70-5521 . Can anyone pleas tell me the function of the smaller connector and what the wires do? Thank you for helping

61,405

If you installed and after market radio and not a factory replacement,the aftermarket is not equipped for dimming,that is the wires to the left on the factory radio.

Best Answer
61,405

I ment to say the right.

575

Thank you. On the smaller connector the one with white text under it. Do you know what that is used for?

61,405

Yes lighting and dimmer for the factory stereo,you want need it for the aftermarket stereo.

575

The thing that has me baffled is the second connector 2 blue wires which are used to turn on an amp and another used for a possible power ant. along with 2 rca jacks.. The jacks stumped me. what could that second connector use rca jacks for.. I didn't notice any power amps in the rear on the car

575

this is the connector i purchased instead of cutting the wires. I guess this could explain some of my confusion.

61,405

Yes, that is a mercury wiring harness for factory to aftermarket stereo.the one with coaxel is for amp,if your is equipped with it,other wise you want use it.

575

Alright Thank you so much for your help.. Enjoy your evening

575

The finished product. Thank you