Should I keep it or dump it?

Asked by Feb 13, 2014 at 04:57 PM about the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE

I have had my range rover hse 2006 since 2008. It is paid off but has 142k on it. I know I live in the burbs and commute in to the city for work. This last year I have shelled out about 12,000 for maintenance and repairs. The last 2 months have been a nightmare. Christmas eve the suspension went. What I didnt know is how awful the diagnostics on this truck is. So they have been fixing one thing after the other and as soon as I pick it up the suspension drops again. It has been in the shop for 2 months and I picked it up today crossing my fingers that nothing else goes wrong. My husband and I bought a house in December and my student loans come out of deferment next month. The last thing I want to do is buy another car. I am just afraid something else will go wrong. However, I need a vehicle for work. Should I keep it or dump it and get something else? I was thinking of going back to mercedes eclass 4matic  (we have an earlier version 2003 that is paid off and reliable) because there is a special of 4 years and unlimited miles of maintenance and 2 months of free car payment. I'm just worried I am going to be dumping more unforeseeable amounts of hard earned money into this lemon. What do you think?

285,665

Land rover or a Mercedes? What about a Toyota , Honda, Ford, might save you some money.

Good suggestions. Honda, Ford, or Toyota? I've had good luck with honda's in the past. I will do some research, I need awd. Thank you!!!

65

You could go with another Rover but make sure it has been properly maintained by the previous owner. In addition, you can also buy an extended warranty to save you those thousands of dollars you'd already spent. If you truly love your Rover and you're able to financially, go spoil yourself with another but make sure to follow my advice. Enjoy.