To Rotate -or- Not Rotate the Tires on a Land Rover Discovery 2

185

Asked by Mar 25, 2014 at 05:07 AM about the 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE

I read that you are NOT supposed to rotate your tires, from front-to-back, on a Land Rover Discovery 2.  Is this true?  I've always rotated my tires on my other vehicles!

25,655

Where did you read this? Unless it is official factory literature, I would question it- why not ask the dealer?

185

jamnblues, First of all, thanks for answering my question. I got that info. from an actual Land Rover Discovery I Owner's Manual! On p. 148, it states, under the heading, "WARNING", "ALWAYS use the same make and type of radial-ply tyres front and back. DO NOT use cross-ply tyres, or interchange tyres from front to back. Now, maybe, they just weren't as "clear" as they could have been, and actually only referring to interchanging one TYPE of tire from front to back? I thought it very strange to recommend NOT rotating the tires. Please let me know what you think about all of this, should you get the chance. And, thanks, once again, for your replying to my question.

25,655

OK- seems like some clouded information- how can it be detrimental to switch the SAME kind of tires from front to back?! They are the same! allright, if they are unidirectional (usually for racing) then don't switch them from side to side- think about it- then act intelligently