Ok to use cheap fuel??

luvmystbernard
0

Asked by Jun 11, 2013 at 08:39 PM about the 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE

Wondering if it is ok to use the cheap 87 fuel grade in my 2003 Disco. The person I purchased it off of said it would be ok. But I want to get the most out of my engine. Should I use what is recommend the 97 fuel grade? or ok to go cheap?

69,205

These vehicles are very finicky about fuel and fluids use what is recommended and it will work longer for you. I would keep a bottle of a good octane booster around, you never know when you'll get some really bad stuff.

Lars Cats
4,595

95RON is the minimum you'll need for the V8. Anything less than that will end up killing the engine by detonation. There is only so much the ignition control system can handle and in the long term the detonation effects will have a severe impact on your engine health.