antitheft code for landrover discover 1 1998-changed battery on truck after arriving at my location dead can not get the truck started -horn honks lights flash wont crank no data comes with truck-elec

Asked by Sep 28, 2011 at 08:49 PM about the 1998 Land Rover Discovery 4 Dr LSE AWD SUV

2,645

Did you check the fuse to the anti theft circuit?

2,645

If fuse OK, take your key, put it in the drivers door and slowly lock and unlock the door 3 times, if it is the alarm, it should reset it. If that doesn't work check related ground wires. They could be a short, lose or corroded ground wire somewhere.

2,645

...? Did you get a chance to try it?

10

Thank you so much for your method!!! You saved our Sunday!!! Can I contact your boss to tell him how much you have helped?? Thanks Again!!!

60

key in door method works but be sure sun roof is closed and hood is latched. If not, turning key to lock and unlock will have no effect!

230

I have a 1999 Discovery. I replaced the battery and when I reconnected it, the horn blares and the window wipers start moving. I have tried starting the car, I have tried unlocking and locking the drivers door three times (note the power locks seem to also be disabled after replacing battery).

90

I have a 1999 land rover and I can't turn the key

90

I have a 1999 land rover Discovery 2 and I can't turn the key

101,705

David. If you will start your own new question it will be easier for us to follow and help you with your issues. Thanks

101,705

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17084 -- check this out. It's the transmission gear position switch that's probably causing your issues.

70

Matt, you're a life saver! My Rover had me locked out and I'm at work, so was going to be stuck here tonight. I followed your suggestion about the driver's side door, and it worked! Thanks so much for having the exact answer I needed!

130

I CHANGE THE UNIT COMPUTER ON MY LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 1997, THE NEW ONE OLNY START 9 SECOND AND THEN RUNOUT, STOP TOTTAL. AFTER I TRY AGAIN AND THE CAR NOT RUN, ONLY THE FAN OF THE IAR CONDITION ELECTRIC START. BUT NOT SIGNAL OF START. I PUT AGAIN THE OLD UNIT AND THE CAR START, I WANT TO USE THE NEW COMPUTER UNIT IN MY CAR. BUT I HAVE A ANTI- THEFT PROBLEM. WHAT CAN I DO

40

I have a 1999 land rover discovery I change the starter now not want to run , I change the transmission and nothing same problem , any ideas I appreciate very well thnks.

190

My key got struck in my ingation my spare key also broke in my damn... Gas thank unlocking it my car won't turn over i believe it's my anti theif styem . Is there another way for me to get my car started or to reset the styem in my 98 land rover dis?please help asap need to get home

20

1999 land rover discovery replace battery now truck won't start also both of my key less entry won't work i tried lock and unlock three time and it started up but when i cut it off it go back to doing the something not starting and both key less entry still don't work what can i do different