how do i change cable head s fromside to top on a 96 98 oldes

Asked by Aug 31, 2013 at 03:03 PM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr LS Sedan

you are talking about your battery? get new cables that have the 5/16 hex and buy a (is it group 27?) your battery dealer would know....there is NO Problem here~

Agreed. Briaon, you must mean those side–post batteries that have the terminals on the battery that are just threaded holes, and you want to use a regular battery with posts for terminals..the way it should be. You will have to cut the terminals off the cables and buy some aftermarket clamp on type terminals for the cables. Cut them off as short as possible, so you will have enough cable to reach the posts on the new battery, then strip just enough insulation off the cables to attach the post type terminals, then clamp them on battery posts.

DavidH25...in my experience spicing the1/0 cable produces mixed results, thats why I recommend just replacing the whole cable...the cost differnce would not be that great nest-ce-pas?~

Ouiu, oui ce serait correct, le câble nay être trop court

you're right of course...there's plenty of length to whack the end off and put the screw type on....still have a funky 5/16 ratchet, bought for just this purpose...one of these things that if you can use it, you're lucky~ I forget which auto maker but the ground strap was braided copper, just a ribbon...think it might have been old Fords~

78,375

They make an adapter that converts side post cables to top post where the cable bolts right into the top post adapter then just clamps on to the top post battery. They are about 4 inches long so make sure you have enough room for clearance. http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-products/electronics-parts- 822/1432498.html