The hood release cable on my 1992 oldsmobile eighty eight royale seems to be broken under the hood,!

Asked by Dec 18, 2008 at 07:08 AM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale

Title says it all! Does anyone have any pictures to show where I can open it from? I looked under the car between the grill and the radiator and don't see the cable, so I don't know where to pull. I also tried hitting the yellow safety latch but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am a visual person so pics would really help! :) I was low on antifreeze when I last checked so need this a.s.a.p

try getting in from between the radiator and the engine itself, and try pulling the latch manually, it's hard to do but it is possible. there may be a engine cover underneath that comes off with a socket( i wanna say a 10mm.) also get a friend or family member to help, you can re try the hitting technique but have some one pulling the latch while doing it. good luck i hope i helped somewhat.

I have got this problem with my 92 olds can't get it open hood up.latch nut broken