how do you find the #1 firing cyl. on 1990 oldsmobile 88

Asked by Sep 20, 2012 at 06:15 PM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale

since this car has no rotor  i think the timing is off and dont no how to find the #1 firing cyl. is there a way to find it

If its a 4cyl its the one closest to the passengers side. If its a v6 its the passengers side front. If you plan on adjusting the electrical timing I wish you the best of luck since its impossible.

Facing the front of the engine, its the front cyl on to your right. Remember your engine sits sideways so you'll be standing on the side, not front of the car. You cannot change timing and there would be no reason its off. Something else going on