starts ok runs for 10 minutes then stops running

Asked by Jun 09, 2014 at 03:02 AM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr LS Sedan

From a cold start.. drive for 10 minutes and then the car will stop running while in gear
and moving.   Has done this three times...stopped in the exact same location -3.8
miles from home.   May or may not start and run ok after stopping.  Replaced
Camshaft position sensor and I think the dealer that sold me the car replaced the mass
air flow sensor??? When I test drove the car it had already been warmed up and it ran
just  fine.  My Mechanic has difficulty communicating with the ECM.  Could the ECM
cause this or the crank position sensor.  Had to park the car ..too dangerous to drive.
Car has 116000 miles on it. Thanks Mike in AZ

I've had my 1995 Olds 88 for awhile and it has done pretty much the same thing. The problem with mine was the spark plugs AND ignition coils. Change them all along with plug wires. If it continues it could be fuel system or filters or an electrical short. Hope this helps.

Best Answer Mark helpful