I have a 1994 Oldsmobile Royale 3.8L that runs fine all day.

Asked by Jun 27, 2014 at 11:26 PM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr LS Sedan

Then some days I'll go out there and it will not start at all. It'll turn over and just keep
turning over. I've checked the fuel line with the valve stem and it has excellent pressure.
When I sprayed starter fluid, it acted like it wanted to start, so I know there's spark. It
seems like a fuel problem, but I don't know where at. This has happened a few times, and
it'll start right up an hour or two later. I'm very confused.

60,295

I would think,you need to check your fuel pump,itself,they act this way when they start going bad,on and off,next time vehicle want crank,check the fuel again,you may not have enuff pressure,to open injector,s. Good luck with it.

@T_S_T It's a fairly new fuel filter and pump. About a year old I believe. I bought it brand new, not refurbished. Could it go out that fast?

60,295

Check fuel pressure at rail,if you have good fuel pressure,then it may be a coil showing sign,s of going bad,being it only happen,s seldom.