my abs and check engine light is on. code c1145 is comming up twice. i replaced the right abs sensor and the light went off for about two mins and then they came back on.

Asked by Apr 05, 2017 at 12:02 AM about the 2004 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0

could it be the reluctor ring?

24,405

Have you used a multimeter to check for bad wires, connectors.

no not yet, that's what if been try in to find without having to pay some one $50 just to do it, but if i have to I will break down and do it. when I changed the abs sensor it just looked like rust where the relutor ring is. I couldn't see any teeth

24,405

Try getting the computer reset, maybe the light will go off since you replaced it and it sounds like it was bad.

86,965

Make sure the mounting surface is cleaned up for the wheel speed sensor, and cleaning up the reluctor does help. The air gap between the wheel speed sensor and the reluctor usually gets too wide because of rust or dirt. Clean everything up and you should be good to go. Another problem is at the connector, make sure there is no corrosion in the connector contacts. Usually what happens there is corrosion will go up from the connector up into the wire causing resistance in the wire. You would have to replace the wire connector running to the wheel speed sensor. The new connector gets spliced in. But I think if you clean up down by the wheel sensor will take care of this.

I did reset it already. both lights came back on within a min after driving. I will try everything recommended. Thank you all for the advice.