abs and engine light won't go off

195

Asked by Mar 31, 2011 at 07:54 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5

my 2002 x-type 2.5 has engine light and abs lights on and can't seem to get them off.Had abs sensor replaced(code called for that) then codes called both front speed senors had them replaced. Now the codes C 1145 and C 1175 as well as P 1000 keep coming up. Help I haven't been able to get an inspection sticker in over a year.

145

check engine lights and abs lights are a pain and unluckly theres no way to turn them off and pass inspection untill whatever the codes call for to be fix and jaguars are tough cars to work on and have expensive parts if you cant seems to get it fix i wouls suggest taking it to the dealer

have another scan done,when it was fixed they probley forgot to clear the coads.

195

Thanks didn't even realize I had gotten an answer. I did have the ABS Sensor replaced and both speed senors. But the lights are still on and when they do the scan the same codes come up C1145 and C1175 as well as P 1000. Mechanic says I have to bring it to dealership and have computer flashed????

195

Thanks for the response, I just found it. My mechanic did fix all the codes but the lights aren't going off. My mechanic said it would probably have to go to dealer to have computer flashed??? Was trying to avoid the dealer expenses!!!

here where im at ,a reflash is $70.00,it is worth it when they reflash the computer it puts in the latest new updates on your car.being yours is a 02,it will update new info into computer from 2011.

170

I have the same codes and the same problem I am going to make a dealership appointment this week but if you have any info on what was wrong or what needs to be done please let me know s36637@yahoo.com c1145 / p1000 02 jaguar x-type 2.5 When I touch the brake hosing unit the light will go off until I drive also...

110

We had our sensors replace and as it turned out the sensors won't the problem, it was the short cable to the sensor.

110

is it fixed

160

I have a jaguar x type 3.0 and the light battery is on what is the means can somebody tell me thank you

40

I have a 2002 x-type 3.0 and had to deal with the same problem. The real issue is not the sensor itself but the wheel hub/bearing or the cv axel or anything else that is connected in some way to the sensor. The defective part is causing a disruption to the sensor which is then tripping the error code. It could also be the sensor cable (which is the first thing I replaced) but it isn't likely. In my case, once I replaced the wheel hub and bearing the problem was resolved. Don't forget to clear the code, it will stay on until you clear it with an ODB II analysis tool or disconnect battery for 15 minutes.

110

Why my brake light is on so it doesnt.letme accelerste nomore i replaced the brakes, rotor n.it fix the problem. After 2 months is doing thr same.problem.agaim so why if the bake oads n.rotors are new

300

i have a x-type 2002 and my ABS sensor is on. however i am having a problem accelerating, the car would jerk at times. is this a related issue

I'm have a 04 jaguar x type 3.0 the ABC and battery light is on and the speed hand don't work when the battery light comes on thanks

I must tell you guys that I have a 2005 s-type three cylinder and I am experiencing all of the same problems . I've had them fixed and the problem still exist . I'm very upset because I don't know what to do to get it to work . I have spent so much money trying to rectify each problem . I think that we should all come together for a class action lawsuit apparently it's a recall on all 2000 , one, two, three , four and five .