I have a '91 Camaro RS with the original 305 TBI which runs awesome! All the guages seem to work fine except my tachometer. It does go all the way up and back down on starting. Ideas? Suggestions?

20

Asked by Oct 20, 2014 at 08:41 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

I don't want an aftermarket tach at
the moment. Would prefer to fix the
problem if possible.

35,385

Dose the tach read accurately after it's running?

20,160

Does the tach work after start-up? If not it's probably the cluster itself. You can have it sent out and rebuilt. The miles will stay the same.

20,160

Good morning Mark.

35,385

I see great minds think alike. Good morning T.A.

20,160

Ha ha I guess. That and it's good for the person asking the question to hear similar answers. It was an absolute beautiful day here today. Sunny, warm, and all of the leaves are in full color. Do the leaves change colors over there?

20

Thank you TA77 and Mark for ur help. The tach does not work after start up. Who would rebuild the tach?

35,385

The leaves are green. Always green. Near as I can tell, we have two seasons here. Summer and rainy season. Oh and rice harvest season......... 3 times a year. LOL.

35,385

EBay has several to choose from, for example. T. A., do you have anyone you can recommend?

20,160

Well that all depends where you live. You might be able to find a place local who does that kind of work. If not, being that it's a Camaro I'm sure if you got on Google and found a Camaro forum or an actual site who does that kind of work. I had a touch screen out of a 1989 Buick Reatta rebuilt a few years back. I sent it off and a few weeks later it came back working like new.

20,160

Well, Mark thats what you get for warm weather year round I guess, LOL. I love autumn (it's my favorite time of the year NFL, great food, cooler weather) but friggin HATE winter.

35,385

Yeah. I kind of miss fall. But knowing that it will never ever snow here I think I can learn to live with it. I get my NFL information from the internet and friends. We will get the Super Bowl on TV. Believe it or not basketball ball is big here. When I tell people I'm from Boston they say "Celtics". Did you know that Iran, North Korea and Afghanistan all have professional basketball teams? Another advantage of living here is the Pay per view Pac Man fights. If you don't mind waiting an hour after the fight it's rebroadcasted on over the air channels. Or I can pay $15.00 and get it live.

35,385

Oh and NASCAR. I think Fox Sports will have the World Series. Mostly I miss the Pats.

20,160

Yea I could let fall go if I never have to deal with snow again. The only sport I follow is NFL. Oh I would have to watch my Cowboys (and they are tearing it up so far this year). Even if it meant paying a few hundred a season to watch them. I used to watch NASCAR (when it was called that) until SR died. I did know that basketball is big all over the world.

35,385

I know what you mean about NASCAR. It's not the same. I like the short track banging and slamming. Miss Sr so much. Getting to P.C.

20,160

Not even close to what it was 20-25 years ago. Yup swappin paint is or was racing. When I was a kid I used to semi-professionally race radio controlled cars (on and off road) and almost all my cars were SR colors black, red n silver or wrangler yellow n blue. Getting????.....It's way to P.C. No more tobacco (Winston Cup, Skoal et) next it will be no more beer advertising. I don't use either but you know what I mean?