I have a 1991 Camaro Z28 only 100k runs super never dogged but recently i have heard a rattling noise got underneath thinking it might be the flywheel its not! & i put my hand on the oil pan & i can

Asked by Jun 01, 2014 at 10:22 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Feel the rattling inside can anyone
help me this is my baby had it for ten
yrs it also wants to run hot but my 2
fans always kick on 220 is to hi it
never use to do that has a brand new
radiator too! Just took the thermostat
out today though it would help bought
a pressure release cap too! But that
rattling i need to know about that
should i pull the oil pan off is it
fixable?? What should i look for??
When i drive it u don't hear it unless i
really get in it or hit the passing gear &
i don't drive this car ruff at all never
drive it got 2 other cars tryn to get it
right so i can a guy had me put Marvel
in it didn't do anything that rattling
noise has me sick need some
answers please anyone
what should i do??

19,615

if the car is running fine, the rattling may not be broken engine parts- just because it seems like it's in the oil pan, it may be something loose or broken around the oil pan- check your exhaust, starter, bell housing bolts, look at everything carefully under there and try to rattle it around- as for the overheating, if you just replaced the radiator, that caused something to happen- find out what it is- you may have left some air in the cooling system- check for this by feeling if the top radiator hose is the same temperature as the bottom hose after you turn the engine off- check to see if the water pump is tight by grabbing the pully on front of it and wiggling it- do a general check of everything under the hood- your car is getting old, and it needs some attention- if necessary, find a good garage and a good mechanic and ask him-

9,365

Agree,with jamnblue

Thanks i really appreciate the info someone else said the bearings in the water pump is probably goin out then how come i hear it underneath by the oil pan shouldn't i hear it up front & it sounds bad can't drive my baby anymore rt now she's sleep in the garage i wanna do something today about it but just need to be sure i know how to work on cars too!

10

hi how are you did you find out what your problem ?

750

All those common older body GM vehicles (Pontiac, Buick, Oldmsobile, Chevrolet) have common issues. Check your flywheel cover, starter bolts, exhaust, fuel pump, and so forth under there. There are many causes from the flywheel cover rattling or vibrating to gas or tranny lines rattling, or even work engine mounts causing the noise. Take the time to have it checked properly.