91 Problems Very Aggravated
So my 91 c1500 5.7l TBI is just driving me up a wall.
1. TBI gasket blew (replaced it)
2. Vacuum Lines were old and brittle (replaced with silicone)
3. Truck sat for months and gas went bad (Dropped/cleaned tank)
4. Battery went dead (Replaced)
5. fresh gas, fresh fuel filter, fresh spark plugs/lines.
6. Truck wouldn't turn over so the new battery died.
7. Got a jump and let the battery charge up for about ten minutes.
8. Try to start it up viola starts immediately, THEN dies again and wont
9.Battery dies again, take it to AutoZone to be charged when i go back they
tell me the battery is bad after a few minutes charging it got boiling hot.(also
had the starter checked its A-OK.)
So I will be taking the battery back to walmart tomorrow to request my
money back so I can get a better battery from autozone. Looking for any
ideas as to what could be wrong with the damn truck.
NEW PARTS>Starter(less then a year old), Alternator (same as starter),
New sparkplugs, new tbi gasket, new vacuum lines, new ignition, new fuel
filter, getting new battery, and had the tranny remanned under 3k miles ago.
Is it running yet? Was gonna say to wait until you got the new battery, the Walmart battery certainly could have caused this, sounds like it had a shorted out cell in the battery.
Search Chevrolet C/K 1500 Questions
Chevrolet C/K 1500 Experts