In P or N the engine sounds fine but in D or R is misses terribly

Asked by Jun 09, 2014 at 04:27 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Stepside RWD

I have replaced the rotor and cap,plugs and wires and fuel filter.Help?Please

check for vacuum leaks, throttle body cleaned?

I have checked for v. leaks.I have not checked the throttle body but I'll have my Grandson check that first thing in the morning.Thank You very much,Mike

I would check the fuel pressure next to see if that is within specs which is 9-13 psi. Check it in drive with the truck running. You have to have a special adapter to check fuel pressure on these trucks which takes place of the fuel filter. Also (something much easier) may want to change coil as it could be weak causing very weak spark so once any load is put on the motor, it misses. When you find out wants wrong, could you please post so we know you are good to go!!

Best Answer Mark helpful

I got a code finally it says 'Lean exhaust indicated"Left side. I still don't know what that means but maybe someone will.Thanks for all the help.Mike

Kurt,you were correct.I couldn't find anyone to check fuel pressure but after spending $800 on different thing that didn't fix it the truck quit running.My Son's garage pulled it off the side of the road and put a new fuel screen and pump so now she runs great.Now I just need to find the Freon leak so the ac will work and I'll be set.Thanks for all the help everyone on this site gave.Great site.Thank you,Mike