Wiring diagram for Window switch on 98 Buick Riviera

Asked by Jan 24, 2013 at 05:32 PM about the 1998 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

My automatic window won't roll up on the driver side. I'm trying to bypass the switch to get the window up. I've got the door panel and switch out, but can't tell which contact posts are for the window.There are 9 wires coming from the switch, and labeled in letters A-S. Any help would be much appreciated as it is 34 degrees here.

I can't help with what wire goes where. I can explain so you can figure it out. The motor for the drivers side window has two wires. When the window goes down, 12 volts goes down one of the wires and the other wire is the ground. The window goes up when the 12V and ground is switched. The motor spins one way with one polarity and spins the other way with the polarity switched. --- Find the two wires from the motor and connect the 12v and ground to them. If it spins the wrong way, swap the wires. --- The other wires go to the other windows, one pair for each window.

You could also flip the connector and push the window down button while holding the connector against the contacts and it will roll the window up. As far as the problem of why it wont roll up I will post an answer when I figure it out...for me its not the door relay and the switch open and closes ...NC for power up(Normally closed in neutral position and opens up when switch is pushed to the up position