Where is the fuse located for the engine fan, if there is one.

Asked by Aug 05, 2015 at 05:44 PM about the 1990 Buick Reatta 2 Dr STD Convertible

Engine fan does not run. Temp guage goes up to but not into the red zone. Cools down when driving but heats up at long traffic stops.

Probably electric wire broken to turn the fan on or otherwise your fan is broken

Unplug the fan and run two extension wires (you can buy it for $5.00 at any car parts shop) to the battery. If your fan is not running, it is broken. If you have any AC and it is running properly, this is not a fuse or relay problem. It could be the switch or bad wire.

Henry Lyon

Ok. Will check it out . Thanks

I have an 88 and had the same problem where both cooling fans wouldn't work but the car would drive fine as long as you kept it moving for the air flow. The problem, which was a bit tricky to find, turned out to be a very large connector located under the air cleaner assembly. All the fan power is run through one connection at the corner of the block and over time corrosion made it arc a bit and heat up. This slightly melted the corner of the connector but not much. Anyway the fix was to spray cleaner into the contacts on both sides of the block and I gently pinched the connector on one side so that it grabbed the other side better. It's been fine for the last 4 years. John Friese