I replaced the air conditioner compressor, filter, and dryer, the fuse for the ac was blown so I replaced it yet it keeps blowing

Asked by Jun 05, 2015 at 09:47 PM about the 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra FWD

There is a new compressor, dryer, filter and freon for the AC in my 99 Park Ave, the fuse was blown for the AC system so I replaced it, it blew again, and again, and again. Up until the fuse blows everything works great then blowout... WHY

113,615

There is too much load on the circuit, check all of the connections, make sure they are clean and not burnt, check the wiring for chaffing or if they are brittle replace then using the solder then shrink wrap method, if the wiring checks good visually and ohms out good then you need to find the what componet is the power sucker, a handheld amp meter would be a great help in locating the culprit. Was the A/C compressor complete or did you have to transfer the coil/clutch unit?

the compressor was complete, I have been told by someone the pressure switch may cause this issue. I will have someone check the wiring but I have had a couple people do this already and they could not find any obvious issues

78,085

The pressure switch won't cause the fuse to blow unless the wiring going to it is damaged. The pressure switch shuts down the compressor if the refrigerant pressure gets too high or too low. Is the blower motor on the fuse that keeps blowing? If so, see if it's drawing too many amps. A dying blower motor will sometimes blow a fuse. HTH. -Jim