How can i clean sugar out of my engine? My ex-boyfriend poured sugar in the oil and i drove it a short distance and it started knocking. I got rid of him but still have a car i can not drive. Please advise?

Asked by Feb 10, 2014 at 04:26 PM about the 1999 Buick Park Avenue 4 Dr Ultra Supercharged Sedan

92,525

If it is knocking then the engine has already sustained damage, the best thing is to replace the engine assembly or just sell it as is, take the loss and put the money towards another vehicle.

20

Take him to small claims court, like Judge Judy and sue him! Take the money and buy a new car! I know a good lawyer if you need one.

10,025

Yah I've never heard of sugar in oil. I wouldn't put it to pasture yet. It's not worth anything with a blown motor. Try draining the oil and change the filter before starting it again. Then with the new oil start it up. It will take awhile to clear the bad oil out. If the knocking doesn't clear up before it gets warm try draining it again and another run cycle. The goal is to get the oil warm to flush anything that is stuck in the oiling passages back to the pan to be drained. After three cycles if the noise doesn't go away I would give up. The reason why I say try it is the 3.8 s/c's are very common and there should be no issues getting a good used or re-built unit. As long as a rod doesn't break your motor is still a good core so I'd try the oil. WTF would he pour sugar in there.

19,385

The sugar has plugged the screen on the oil pump. Drain the oil change the filter Add 4 qts oil add 2 qts diesel let it idle for 10 minutes. Drain and change oil filter again. Diesel will cut the sugar.

Here because someone poured augar in my motor. Based on what I have seen and read; Sugar does not dissolve in oil, diesel or alcohol.