Windows and door locks not working

Asked by May 28, 2014 at 07:08 PM about the 1999 Buick Park Avenue FWD

I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue the doors don't lock or unlock you have to use the key and also the windows don't go up or down. What had happen is the Anti theft was going off and we could not get it to stop so we unhooked the battery and then hooked it up and since then that stuff don't work, we checked all of the wiring, fuses, and door switch and they are all fine....Please help

310

We have a 2002 Buick Park Avenue and the same thing has happened. Please help! Anyone out there!

50

1. There is not a fuse for the power windows. They are regulated by the drive door module inside the door panel. 2. Check the driver door module fuse first. 3. Replace the driver door module and your problem will be solved. 4. A new module costs $675 but you could go on ebay and buy a used one for $50 or less. 5. It is about a half hour job and is relatively easy to replace.

120

Where, does your Brain accumulate so much STUPIDITY ‼️‼️ WoW, to advise someone to go out and purchase a $650.00+ Part that will NOT EVEN REPAIR THE PROBLEM IS INSANE‼️‼️ The fuse or circuit breaker would be the second item on my check list. But the actual fix for this problem would be to reprogram the auto-window~Up, & auto-window down, as well as the auto door lock/unlock sequences & security anti theft system. Thanking you & All Muchly, Your Lagomorpha friend, DagNabbitRabbit

20

Dagnabbitrabbit how would one do that because my 02 is also not working

170

how do you reprogram the door locks window and mirrows?

80

I have the same issue 2005 park ave. windows and power locks not working after a security issue that was resolved.

80

was there a fix for this?

10

Same issue with 99 park avenue, after tearing doors apart and cleaning and lubricating the lock mechanism, there has been no issues since, that was a little over a year ago, make sure that all the linkage is clean and lubes and make sure they are not bent

20

After giving up searching online for a fix only finding same problems for 97 up park aves I also checked all fuses the unit in door on my 03 park ave and after tracing wires on 3 cars with same problems no windows working along with locks and radio not shutting off and security light on, this is the problem with all the ones I came across, in the jam between body and door I find multiple broken wires, rewire them and everything works again