My A/C isn't working and when I put the low side psi guage on it was in the red @150, I also noticed that the clutch isn't dissengaging. Is there any tricks I can try to free up the clutch or do I ha

Asked by Jun 27, 2012 at 07:55 AM about the 1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra FWD

Clutch isn't disengaging on the A.C. pump

20,425

unplug the connector for it or pull a fuse and see if it stops then. If it doesnt then the compressor clutch is bad. Get a new compressor

705

There are three computers that control the A/C clutch. Any one of them can be commanding the A/C clutch to be on. Plus, there could be a short to ground in the wire leading away from the compressor. You will need to have a GM technician check the system with a scan tool to find out if it is the PCM, the SBM, or the A/C control head. As far as the one hundred fifty PSI on the low side, obviously there is refrigerant in the system, or you would not get pressures at all. You could have a restricted low side line, you could have a missing orifice tube, or the compressor could be bad internally. What are the pressures on the high side? You need to know that before you replace the compressor.