Could my mechanic have caused a power steering leak by only hoisting one side of my car when replacing a radiator?

10

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 11:58 AM about the 2000 Buick Century Custom

99,975

No likely. There are rubber hoses between the engine and steering rack. Where is leak located?

He could nave caused a PS leak replacing the radiator many ways, not necessarily just by the way it was raised

Good question about where is leak?

OF COURSE! gotta blame the mechanic. You know how tough this job is. I've had a Ford ranchero take itself out of gear and try to pin me to the wall, I've had electrical fires with testing a battery, I've taken showers in coolant. practically had a finger chopped off when an assitant started the motor with my paws in the engine. This job is tough, and now your fragile POWER steering hose?...oy vey, it was not in a condition that could stand a few rugged roads to begin with!...ya, blame the doctor because YOU haven't been eating right.

COULD have Bob, not DID

10

The leak seems to be around the front right axle. I'm at work right now and cant get under it. I spoke to my mechanic and he is going to check it out tomorrow. I'm not trying to insult mechanics but this is the first time I have used this guy and I noticed he had my car jacked up at an awkward angle in his garage and the leak started immediately after I picked it up.

Aplogies for spoutin' like an italian deli owner just then~:(

Stant pressure tester, screw this bad boy onto where your cap goes pressurize till you see a leak, but not more as you'll be creatin' leaks then. will show you exactly what needs attention.

...and to answer your question, NO. things happen. Rubber goes dry. voitiles escape from your upholstry. Time is very cruel think of the all the beautiful film actors, how time takes it's toll...until the end of the line.

Definitively the answer is NO, but the worse part is you do have a big problem, keep check on fluid levels until resolved, I have a good idea what is leaking and it's not and easy fix.

Either I missed something or something, why was he jacking up the car? And the fluid could have just been sitting on the cross member below the sway bar and it just ran off, it's kind of cupped in shape and would hold a slow leaking fluid until someone jacks it up and it all pours out