my car has a new battery but it will stall and sometimes not start unless its jumped

Asked by May 10, 2017 at 12:48 PM about the 2000 Buick Century Limited

2000 Buick century
so we got a starter from a junk yard but did not work so replaced the original one cleaned it and everything. its at the mechanic and they are telling me its the throttle body but I don't know if I can trust them.
the car has stalled on me and I had to put it on neutral and turn it back on and when sometimes when I leave it overnight or going home from work it just doesn't start so I have to get it jumped

or sometimes it starts with no problem I need help and don't know what it could be if its the starter the alternator or the throttle body that is dirty... if you have any answers please help.

10

If it sits for a period of time and it's a good battery... it may. E a parasitic drain that's causing it not to start. O don't know why that it would stall why driving unless the vehicle alternator is not working or the cam sensor, if you have one on that vehicle, is not functioning properly. I'm not sure why the TB would keep it from starting or drain the battery, only that if the TB is bad it may stall. I hope you find out a good answer before spending good money